- Run the setup file for the connector on the same server as the Aras Innovator installation (follow “OrCAD Connector – Installation Guide”)
- Open Aras Innovator installation folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator)
- Open “Innovator\Server” folder
- Locate and edit the file “method-config.xml”
- Find the line that says
- Insert the following lines above:
NOTICE:If Orcad Connector is installed in a different folder than ” C:\CycleOp\Aras\Aras Orcad Connector\” then change the path to the one used in the connector installation in all 3 lines.
Either from the Aras Server, or from a client machine that has access to the Aras Server, run the Package Import Tool:
- Extract the “ArasOrCADConnectorPackage.zip” file to a directory of your choice.
- Locate the Aras Package Import Tool, usually located under\ PackageImportExportUtiliites\Import\Import.exe
- Fill in the login details (server, database, username and password) and click “login”
- From the manifest file, select the “import.mf” file located on the directory where you extracted the package
- Select the 2 packages as shown above
- Make sure the “Type” is set to “Merge”
- Click on the “Import” button to begin package import
- Obtain your server’s MAC address (use google for help)
- Use our Orcad Connector License Key Request page and a key will be mailed to you
- On the server – Navigate to “C:\CycleOp\Aras\Aras Orcad Connector” and run the file: Cycleop.Aras.OrcadConnector.LicenceManager.exe
- Enter key sent by email and click Install (if this is the first time you run the tool – please login when requested)
- Press check to validate license installation. If installation succeeded - license type will be changed to “ltLite“
- Close the tool and start to use the connector.